As we speak, Kinder is developing a platform made up of different web portals and apps. Central in all of this is the API written in PHP The Kinder platform hasn’t launched yet and different sides of the API still need a lot of work. Depending on your preferences and talents you could be working on new functionalities, performance optimisation, automated testing, or maybe something completely different of which you can convince us of that it’s absolutely necessary to have. Since, as a startup, we're just starting out, you’ll have a lot of freedom which also comes with a lot of personal responsibility.
You’ll be working in a young team of about 12 people, of which there are 4 developers. Alongside that we’ve got a small army of about 15 interns and trainees from 8 different countries.
What is Kinder
Kinder is a social enterprise which, using innovative donating apps and widgets, will be shaking up the nonprofit sector to become more transparent, efficient, and effective.
In collaboration with several universities Kinder is creating a vetting framework to scientifically assess charitable organisations on their performance. Besides that we’re building the news platform Kinder World to raise more awareness about the world of doing good.
We’re based in TQ, a “curated tech hub” in the heart of Amsterdam, founded by The Next Web with partners Google, Booking.com, KPMG and ABN Amro. Over 50 international web tech startups are housed here. TQ offers the optimal environment for startups and their employees to grow with ever expanding networking opportunities and the great synergie of the building. Events are being organised daily with inspiring international speakers from, for example, Google, Amazon or other tech giants. More specifically this means that our office is open 24/7, you can go to the neighbours for help with programing problems, and the Friday afternoon drinks, with view of the Munt tower, are always bustling.
What we offer
- You'll work closely together with a small, diverse team
- Lots of room for your own ideas and taking ownership
- Flexible office hours, working when works best for you
- Both fulltime and part time work
- An office based in the heart of Amsterdam
- An office which is open 24/7 (you’ll never have to go home again!)
- You'll work with a social enterprise, creating a better world
- Experience with PHP7, JS (ES6/ES2017). SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience in designing RESTful API's.
- Experience with TDD, CD/CI, PHPUnit/similar tools.
- Experience in designing scalable tech stacks using Docker, Kubernetes or simular tools is a huge plus.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile working.
- Responsible and independent
- English and/or Dutch speaking